Assault Parties (yet again)
Apologies, just a wee snippet of a post this week I'm afraid (there has been some significant bonus midweek ECWtravelogue content recently).
Today's post is the result of a combination of storage reorganisation, and some rebasing*. This led to a little alteration to my assault parties.
* My usual basing 'recipe' consists of a base coat of Citadel Stirland Mud with a wash of Miniature Paints chestnut ink.
As I was getting through bucketfuls of Stirland Mud (and it is quite pricey) I decided to replicate the effect with my own mix of glue, grit and paints.
I thought it worked quite well until I saw some pictures and the new mix stood out like a sore thumb.
I tried to tone it all down with a wash of Nuln Oil, which was much better; but it was never quite right. It has been slowly gnawing away at me, so I've finally bitten the bullet and rebased the all of the homebrew mix figures (sadly rather a lot, took ages).